Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Happy New Lockdown!
We – like the rest of the Ontario – have moved into what the Province calls 'Modified Step 2 of the Roadmap to Reopening', which means a lot of non-essential business re-closing and limiting social contact even more in order to combat the rapidly rising Omicron variant of COVID-19.
The new rules are, in part:
- Social gatherings are now limited to 5 people inside, 10 people outside
- Organized Public Events are also limited to 5 people inside, but there is no limit outside assuming that social distancing and mask wearing is enforced
- Weddings, funerals, and religious services are limited to 50 per cent capacity of the room (indoors), and no limits outdoors if social distancing and mask wearing is enforced
- Retail businesses – including libraries – are limited to 50 per cent capacity
- Gyms and spas are closed
- Restaurants and bars must close their indoor dining but can still operate take out and patio dining, limited to 10 people per table
- Cinemas, theatres, and museums must be closed to the public.
The Province is also advising that employers arrange for work-from-home where they can.
This Modified Step two will be in effect from tomorrow for 21 days. If all goes well, that's January 26.
Everything’s gloomy these days but it turns out you can still count on January sales to turn your mood around. Now is the time for shop for decor items, homegrown fashion, and more.
High End Fashion
▪️Quartz Co premium outerwear mostly made in Quebec (there are also factories in Peru and Portugal) is now 30% off. Lightweight parkas, longer coats, sporty jackets, and accessories are discounted until tonight only.
▪️Get up to 60% off Canadian designer Shan swimwear, womens’ fashions and mens’ lines.
▪️Be ultra-organized and shop for 2022 holiday decor now, while the prices are hot. Flowers Talk Tivoli has tree decs, mantle piece stocking holders, table top ornaments, festive season flower pots, everlasting wreaths, candle holders, garland, and gift boxes on sale, staring at $3.50.
We'll see you tomorrow– Martha and Darren
? Is there something that Ottawa should know about? Email to us at [email protected]. We read every single comment.