- Single guys looking to widen their circle should head to Alpha & Omega Art Gallery tonight for the Meet and Mingle, presented by Single Gourmet (women’s tickets are already sold out). Tickets include ice breaker games, light refreshments, and live DJ.
- The Great India Festival presents Samanvaya (the Festival of Togetherness) with Padma Shri Narthaki Nataraj, who will present an Indian Classical Dance Repitoire. Canadian Museum of History, 100 Laurier St, Gatineau QC. Tickets $30 - $75.
- The Alma Duncan Salon at Ottawa Art Gallery welcomes the European Union Short Film Festival today and tomorrow. Presented by the Canadian Film Institute and the Delegation of the European Union to Canada, there are three separate programs, 22 new short films made in the EU, and complimentary food and drinks prior to screenings. Admission to the festival is free.
- Get down to the Disco Inferno at Overflow Brewing Co. $30. 2477 Kaladar Ave.
- Celebrate 10 years of Studio Sixty Six with a public reception combined with the opening of the Constructed Truths exhibition. Cash bar. 858 Bank St., Suite 101.
- Legendary boundary-pushers Carole Pope and Rough Trade invade Bar Robo. Opening will be the amazing OK Naledi, bringing their trademark Afro House music project. 170 Queen St.
- Take in the dancing, drumming, singing, and food at the Odawa Native Friendship Centre’s 44th Traditional Pow Wow (today and Sunday). There’s also a market, where you’ll find traditional items like dreamcatchers, jewellery, art, and clothing. It’s all happening at the Canadian Police College, 1 Sandridge Road.
- Urban Arts Collective’s DISRUPT Street Art Festival gets underway at 2:00pm, bringing more than 20 local artists to 1088 Somerset St. W.
- Wellington West BIA presents a Pop-up Dance & Shop Arts Market in Somerset Square. Area businesses will be taking part from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- The Great Glebe Garage Sale is the place to go if you like bargains. We know a couple who, when they visited this garage sale event a few years ago, sourced an antique dining table and eight chairs for an incredible price. In addition to residents selling on their front lawns, out of their garages, and on their front stoops, you’ll find specials at the merchants around the neighbourhood. The official hours are 8:00am to 2:00pm in the streets bordered by Bronson Avenue, the Queensway (417), and the Canal.
- Visit the Ecology Ottawa booth at the Great Glebe Garage Sale and receive a free native seedling (see the full list of seedlings here)
- Indigenous Hockey Equipment Drive, together with the Ottawa Girls Hockey Association, visits Ottawa for the first time this Saturday. Since 2015 the organization has collected donations of gently used hockey equipment for Indigenous Youth in Ontario. Please bring helmets, skates, gloves, elbow pads, and other equipment to the Sandy Hill Arena, 60 Mann Ave, from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
- OC Transpo is holding a job fair at Greenboro Station from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- It’s Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend. Presented by Run Ottawa, there are runs for every level of fitness, from the Tartan Ottawa International Marathon right down to the Ottawa 2K presented by ASICS Runkeeper. Online registration is finished but you can do it on the day in person.
➕Related Road closures during race weekend
- Ottawa Street Markets are holding another Sip & Shop event at their 1805 Gaspé Avenue store, from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. There will be live tunes, and plenty of vendors selling food and crafts. Baccanalle will also be open and offering fresh Caribbean food.
- Barrhaven Market opens Sunday May 28 for the season. Visit nine vendors from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Stranderd Dr & Crestway Dr.
- Red Apron is hosting a Post Race Beer Garden with Dominion City Brewing. Enjoy fresh good, great beer, and fun. There will be a photo booth for race finishers. 410 Gladstone Ave, 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
- Kuf Knotz and Christine Elise merge hip hop with classical harp to create a dance-chamber music hybrid that will have you getting up from your chair. The Philadelphia-based duo performs at the Origin Arts & Community Centre at 57 Lyndale Ave. 7:00lm to 9:00pm. All ages. Entrance is PWYC.
- Vintage PopUp 613 visits 208 Preston St. from 1100am to 5:00pm.
Just Announced / Now Booking
- Have a peek into someone else’s home during the Almonte House and Garden Tour on Saturday June 24. This charming little town has so many heritage homes to ogle, and at the same time you’ll be supporting Almonte General Hospital-Fairview Manor Foundation as well as the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum (MVTM). Your ticket will include light nibbles by Orchard View by the Mississippi and free admission to the MVTM.
- Music and Beyond presents the Grammy-award winning vocal ensemble Chanticleer, at Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre on Friday July 14. Tickets from $20 to $75. 7:30pm at 355 Cooper St.
- Broadway Across Canada presents Jagged Little Pill, live at the NAC May 30 through June 4.